Thursday, February 14, 2013

Timeless Love.

Once upon a time, long, long ago. When the world was full of wonder.

All the feelings and emotions in the world lived on a small Island: Happiness, Sadness, Knowledge and all the others, including Love.  One day the elders gathered them all together and told them that the Island was going to sink and so they must all build boats and leave.  All obeyed, all that is except for Love. Love wanted to wait until the last possible moment.

When the Island had almost sunk into the sea, Love decided to ask for help.  Richness was passing in a boat so love called out to him,

“Richness, can you take me with you?”

“Sorry Love, I cannot. There is a lot of gold and silver in my boat and there is no place here for you” answered Richness.

Love next asked Vanity who was sailing by in her boat.  However, Vanity was also unwilling to help her
.
“I cannot help you, Love, You are all wet and might damage my pretty paintwork” said Vanity.

Next to pass by was Sadness. Love called out to Sadness,

“Sadness, take me with you”

“I cannot help you, I am so sad that I just want to be by myself” replied Sadness.
Happiness, loneliness, fear, anger, all passed by each unwilling to help. Each had their own problems.

Suddenly there was a voice,

“Come, Love, I will take you”

It was one of the elders. An overjoyed Love jumped into the boat. She was so happy that she completely forgot to ask where they were going.  Eventually they all arrived at dry land. The elder went on her way leaving Love to decide on where she wished to go.
Love, realising how much she owed to the elder asked Knowledge, one of the other elders,

“Who was that elder who helped me”?

“It was Time” answered Knowledge,

“Time?” thought Love. “Why would Time help me?”

Knowledge saw the look of puzzlement upon Love’s face smiled and said,

“Time helped you because only Time is capable of understanding how valuable Love is”

Ever since then that is the way it has been and now the story is yours.

Keep smiling and Happy Valentine's Day.

SilentOwl.

No comments:

Post a Comment